I keep telling people how excited I am about this sideboard, and everyone says something like, "Cyborg?" It is a real thing ok? Traditionally sideboards are used for serving food in a main living area of the house, not the kitchen, but I wanted one for storing all of our electronics. I found mine in the thrift store for $35. I fell in love with it right away, but it wasn't perfect yet. I carefully cleaned all the surfaces, firstly to prepare it for refinishing, and secondly because it came from a thrift store, so who knows where it has been. Gross. Then I took off all the hardware, including the cabinet doors. Then I wiped on two coats of my favorite Gerneral Finishes Gel Stain , the color I used was "Java". I really love that stuff. Everything it touches becomes pretty. Also it is dark and thick so you don't have to sand down to the bare wood if you don't want to, and I never want to. I also sealed it with two coats of poly urethane, and put on some...
This totally happens to me.
ReplyDeleteDang that happened to me yesterday, the sudden TIRED hitting me in the back of the head. How very cowardly of it.
ReplyDelete