McBirthday McBat Bike
McBaby turned one! This year went by so fast, and we have a lot to be grateful for. Some of you may have seen the super-awesome Batmobile/Cozy Coupe my mom, and my sister, Sara, painted:
I wanted to give McBaby something to go with it so I was pretty excited when I bagged this prize for $1 at the thrift store:
Yeah, I know, it wasn't exactly screaming "Awesome Batmaness!!!!" yet. It was in good shape, rolled straight, and didn't have any cosmetic problems, (other than some nasty sticky residue on the handle). After a serious cleaning it was pretty much as good as new. Time for the paint job. First I stuck painter's tape to some wax paper and cut out some bat symbols:
I just free-handed one side and folded it in half to make it symmetrical when cutting it out, but you could print a bat symbol and trace it if you aren't lazy like me. Then I sprayed some parts of the bike yellow:
Then I stuck my bat symbols on and covered the yellow parts with saran wrap and more tape.
Then came the black paint. I recommend using a good quality outdoor spray paint.
Ta da! finished bat bike! Happy birthday McBaby! We love you and we are so lucky to have you!
Just want to know, did the paint chip off? I want to do this but my husband is totally paranoid about the spray paint coming off.
ReplyDeleteSo far so good, the car has been played with by a lot of kids and is still chip free. You could prime it if you are really worried but I haven't had a problem.
ReplyDeleteIt looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWow! One, the time goes by so fast huh?
ReplyDelete