Tree Painting

I made a painting, a great big watercolor painting! I was pretty nervous to try out watercolors but my dad, and my friend Sara Gourley gave me a lot of good tips and encouragement to get started. So I watched a hundred youtube videos and got to work.

You have to soak watercolor paper and then tape it to a flat surface so it won't buckle while you are painting it. I taped mine to our card table. Unfortunately that table is made of some kind of space-age plastic that nothing on this earth can stick to. After about the 3rd day of painting all the tape let go. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

 But I already had a lot of paint on it so I just decided to work with all the buckles. I do not recommend this, unless your life is just so easy that you are looking for a way to make it difficult.

 Luckily the paper I used was really heavy, so things worked out in the end.

I'm happy with how the painting turned out, but I am probably most impressed with the frame Handsome Bryce made for it. Sometimes I just stare at that swirling cherry grain and forget about the painting.

If you don't paint, and you wish you did, I encourage you to give it a try. Maybe your paper will buckle and be a horrible mess, but your brain will grow and maybe the horrible mess will turn into something you love. Thanks again Sara, Dad, and Bryce!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sideboard Refinishing

You Might Be Reading A Straw Man Argument If: